Vision Quest Martial Arts is a leader in Martial Arts instruction in the Lafayette area. Using a model based in human growth and child development, we provide a community and curriculum with you and your child’s needs in mind. Sensei Nicholas Milliken has adapted his own unique training system which incorporates the ideals of traditional American Kenpo Karate, the Four Pillars of Fast Defense and a Whole Child approach. Sensei Milliken is known for his understanding of the students needs, desires, and goals, working hard to help each student adapt the concepts of self defense and awareness into their lives. This approach has proven to produce many amazing students, black belts, and instructors from a very young age on up to adults. It’s not about changing who you are, but helping you become your own hero! Contact us today to get started!
Vision Quest Mission Statement / Belief System
- Everyone deserves a place to be themselves, a place where they feel they belong.
- Everyone deserves the opportunity to hear that it is ok to stand up for themselves. That it’s not ok to be bullied or ignored when they need help.
- Everyone deserves a place that provides them the opportunity to forge themselves into the person they want to become, who they might be too afraid to be.
- To remember that deep down we are all kids at heart.
- Everyone deserves a place that lets them know they are not alone. That they have support. That there are other people out there who want their kids to be as happy and as great as they do.
- We are on a quest to be our best!
- We take a holistic approach to self-defense, starting with taking the best care of yourself possible.